[Fot] Fuel Pumps and regulators

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Tue May 20 15:26:07 MDT 2014

I use the Holley regulator (1-4 psi output) with my triple Webers on the GT6 and 3 psi at the discharge to the carbs.  Been running with s single Facet pump for eight years with no issues.  Of course, one benefit  to the Webers is they hold a boatload of fuel.  It takes 3-4 minutes at idle with the pump off to run dry.  SUs have a much smaller float bowl, so flow volume might be an issue, where the big Weber float bowls may hide it.
Other factors are pressure loss - If you are running a small line from the tank to the engine, that eats away at pump capacity and an easy fix is a bigger pump.  I'm running either a 6 AN line front to rear.   Every fitting adds the equivalent of 1-2' of additional line loss.

BTW, I picked up a spare Holley regulator the other day - the damn things are made in Korea now!