[JONAT] Selling the Tour

Dr Gregory Andrachuk jonat@autox.team.net
Sun Aug 3 10:53:00 2003

Agreed Mark. Victoria and Vancouver are also major "destinations" and would
be worth mentioning in this sort of context.
                                Gregory
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Stephenson" <marks@jonat.org>
To: <jonat@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 9:29 AM
Subject: RE: [JONAT] Selling the Tour

: Another point on selling the tour.... I just visited the website and took
: look at our mention in the British mags. If I may make a suggestion, I
think
: the trip would be much more appealing if we listed the some of the
exciting
: places we are visiting, not just cities we are passing through. Some of
the
: cities such as New Orleans and San Francisco are destinations in
themselves,
: other cities would rate a ho-hum. Even then I'd note not just New Orleans,
: but the world-renown French Quarter and Jazz. I'd mention that we'll be
: experiencing the colorful Victorian architecture of San Francisco and
: crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, the old North Church, the start of Paul
: Revere's historic ride in Boston, The antebellum charm of Savannah,
Georgia.
:
: I don't know the details of other SCs routes, but I think we have to ask
: ourselves what are the most well-known destinations for those of us in
N.A.
: and around the world. What are the things that would really generate
: interest. Cities, yes, but we have to mention the Grand Canyon, crossing
the
: Rockies at over 10,000 ft. in Colorado and British Columbia. I'm sure we
: could get some other instantly recognizable suggestions from other SCs. We
: have to paint a picture of interesting places that people have always
wanted
: to visit and make JONAT and the camaraderie of traveling with other Jaguar
: enthusiasts the one last bit they need to get off their duffs and go see
: these places.
:
: Another thing I'd include in future press releases is that, whenever
: possible, we are going to travel America's back roads experiencing a time
: when Mom-and-Pop stores called to drivers from the side of the road and
you
: couldn't see around the next bend until you got there. Twists and turns
will
: challenge the experienced driver who wants to push their Jaguar, while the
: scenery that has greeted motorists for over half a century will delight
the
: more sedate driver. Mentioning Route 66, the "Mother Road" in this context
: would be pique the interest of almost any car-lover.
:
: Mark Stephenson, Sector Coordinator - Arizona
: Jaguar Owners North American Tour (www.jonat.org)
: April 15 - July 4, 2004
: Visit the Pub for route discussions
: