[JONAT] SECTOR ROUTES

Robert MacLeay jonat@autox.team.net
Fri May 9 19:07:01 2003

--B_3135351647_624078

on 5/6/03 8:58 PM, Jamie - JONAT at jamie@jonat.org wrote:

> I am now thinking that setting a stopping point each night is a bit anal =
and
> ludicrous.  If we have a main starting point and time at the beginning an=
d a
> main stopping point or gathering location at the end of a Sector (agreed =
to by
> the following Sector for their starting point), this should do the trick.
> Along the way we can of course have a "suggested route" with suggested st=
ops
> of interest listed.  These stops could be a regular listing on the main w=
eb
> page for that particular Sector (perhaps with their own maps showing how/=
where
> from the "suggested routing" and at what point to "divert".  Along with t=
he
> original idea of suggested lodging, eateries, fuel stops, mechanical serv=
ices
> and parts, all these can feed from that web page.
>=20
Let us add car washes to that list!

On the subject of stopping points, while I agree on refraining from
over-regimentation, every sector, if only for planning purposes, should hav=
a master plan with all lodging, driving, sightseeing, and feeding laid out
in excruciating detail.  This will keep us planners honest, and help promot=
domestic tranquility by allowing for =B3real life=B2 touring.

Also, on the subject of optional lodging points, consider that many people
will be faced with the chore of making reservations for a lot of nights. Le=
us make planning as easy as possible for them.  Additionally, we have been
hoping to negotiate special group rates, which will help keep people=B9s
expenses down an/or allow them to spend more days on the road.

So... How many weeks are we going to add to the tour?  ;0

--=20

Robert MacLeay  -  Denver, CO
1990 VDP Majestic
Colorado Sector Coordinator
Jaguar Owners North American Tour 2004  -  http://jonat.org

P.S.: Will we host an official =B36,000 mile oil change=B2 event at the half wa=
mark?
         This would be a great sponsorship opportunity for some oil company=
!

--B_3135351647_624078

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [JONAT] SECTOR ROUTES</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">on 5/6/03 8:58 PM, Jamie - JONAT at jamie@jonat.org wr=
ote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I am now thinking that=
 setting a stopping point each night is a bit anal and ludicrous. &nbsp;If w=
e have a main starting point and time at the beginning and a main stopping p=
oint or gathering location at the end of a Sector (agreed to by the followin=
g Sector for their starting point), this should do the trick. &nbsp;Along th=
e way we can of course have a &quot;suggested route&quot; with suggested sto=
ps of interest listed. &nbsp;These stops could be a regular listing on the m=
ain web page for that particular Sector (perhaps with their own maps showing=
 how/where from the &quot;suggested routing&quot; and at what point to &quot=
;divert&quot;. &nbsp;Along with the original idea of suggested lodging, eate=
ries, fuel stops, mechanical services and parts, all these can feed from tha=
t web page.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Let us add car washes to that list=
!<BR>
<BR>
On the subject of stopping points, while I agree on refraining from over-re=
gimentation, every sector, if only for planning purposes, should have a mast=
er plan with all lodging, driving, sightseeing, and feeding laid out in excr=
uciating detail. &nbsp;This will keep us planners honest, and help promote d=
omestic tranquility by allowing for &#8220;real life&#8221; touring. <BR>
<BR>
Also, on the subject of optional lodging points, consider that many people =
will be faced with the chore of making reservations for a lot of nights. Let=
 us make planning as easy as possible for them. &nbsp;Additionally, we have =
been hoping to negotiate special group rates, which will help keep people&#8=
217;s expenses down an/or allow them to spend more days on the road.<BR>
<BR>
So... How many weeks are we going to add to the tour? &nbsp;;0<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
<BR>
Robert MacLeay &nbsp;- &nbsp;Denver, CO<BR>
1990 VDP Majestic<BR>
Colorado Sector Coordinator<BR>
Jaguar Owners North American Tour 2004 &nbsp;- &nbsp;http://jonat.org<BR>
<BR>
P.S.: Will we host an official &#8220;6,000 mile oil change&#8221; event at=
 the half way mark?<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;This would be a great=
 sponsorship opportunity for some oil company!<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3135351647_624078--