[JONAT] Tour Security

Jerry Mouton jonat@autox.team.net
Fri Nov 14 12:32:01 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0172_01C3AAA2.D6763200

What's everybody's take on security at tour stops?

Reading the website again, I see we guarantee some level of security
on the tour.  Given that each participant selects their own hotel and =
restaurant,=20
I don't see much hope of satisfying that guarantee!  We don't get =
additional
security at our events now, like the XKs Unlimited Open House, we just =
let
everyone deal with their own -- the Jaguars in the hotel lot are not =
molested.
Insurance covers losses.

I can see some questionable sites -- maybe San Francisco in my case -- =
could
require more.  What will you all do, hire guards?  What is our liability =
in case
of loss by participants?  Should we set up an emergency aid team for the =

event?  This will all cost money.  I was hoping for a tour of many =
people going
on a long drive -- on their own, but together.

Did we discuss this before?  I forget.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
      Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - http://jonat.org
      April 15, 2004 - July 4, 2004

  ----- Original Message -----=20