[JONAT] Costs and all those things

JONAT Webmaster jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Feb 28 23:20:03 2004

Hello,
After reviewing the budget for 2004, Fazal Bob and I agreed that the
costs for the tour will be:

Premium Membership
Cost: $40(CAN) or $30(US)
For the 2004 tour drivers will receive a 12"x6" license plate made of 20
gauge aluminium decorated with the Tour logo, year, and the participant
number. 104 plates will initially be produced.

Standard Membership
Cost: $10(CAN) or $10(US)
Drivers will receive a clear vinyl windscreen cling decal decorated with
the Tour logo and year. 500 decals is the initial run.

All drivers can print their own maps etc from the web site, or just
follow the leader. :-)
Bob is working to accept Visa cards. He is gone till Thursday.

Greg
Http://jonat.org/user/welcome_plus_fee.cfm

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Barry La Pointe
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 9:45 AM
To: jonat@autox.team.net
Subject: [JONAT] Costs and all those things

I am getting very confused about what all the discussion is about around
the fees to be charged. I have not got into the discussion as there are
several people involved who I have complete confidence in to make the
right call. I am still a firm believer that we need to keep it simple
and inexpensive, but as a Jaguar owner that is never the case. I am
making my participation in the sectors I chose fit into part of my
annual vacation and on vacation I always spend money. A few extra
dollars to register and receive a "Membership Plate" is acceptable. I
can then chose which sectors I will participate in and what I do and
where I stay in those sectors.

In my sector I will incur very little cost, even though it will cover
several hundred miles. I will ensure that the participants know the
route and the hotels, restaurants, and points of interest that we will
be travelling by. I also do not expect us to travel in a convey as each
of us has certain interests that will cause them to stop and appreciate
them.

I realize that there is considerable organization required for this
tour, if you take it a continuous event, but I agree with several of the
other SC's that this is a series of short trips linked to a common goal,
(meet other Jag Nuts and enjoy the drive). I also expect that the number
of participants will vary greatly due to the population of the sector.
There are not a lot of Jag owners out here in the "Heartland".

Having said all this, I am prepared to accept a fee structure set out by
the people that have put the most effort into the discussion, such as
Bob, Greg and Mark and others. If they could get their thoughts together
and down on paper, draw a line in the sand, we could then all move
forward.

Has a date been established for when the fees would be set? I assume it
should be soon as the start date is rapidly approaching.