[JONAT] A disclaimer suggestion

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Mar 6 11:45:01 2004

Good idea Mark ... I've added it to the main WebPages I put together, and
perhaps Greg can incorporate it into the appropriate pages he ahs done.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Mark Stephenson
Sent: March 3, 2004 12:26 AM
To: jonat@autox.team.net
Subject: [JONAT] A disclaimer suggestion

I think we should add a disclaimer at the end of all route directions,
something along the lines of:

Every effort was made to make these maps and directions as accurate as
possible, nevertheless, it is the participants' responsibility to arm
themselves with whatever navigational aids they deem necessary to avoid
becoming lost. JONAT suggests that at a minimum, participants equip
themselves with state/provincial highway maps for all the areas they
plan to traverse. City maps of metropolitan areas would be well advised.
Cell phones and the number of the Sector Coordinator would be invaluable
in case of breakdown or directional confusion, although cell service may
not exist in rural areas. A GPS navigational system would be an
excellent option. In any event, the participants recognize that JONAT is
ultimately a self-guided tour that can be driven at the participants'
pace, they release JONAT and the Sector Coordinators from any liability
arising from difficulties, errors, or omissions in route directions.

Mark - AZ