[Mg-t] Thanks TD Broken axle

Dave and Liz DuBois ddubois at sinclair.net
Sun Aug 23 22:34:26 MDT 2009

Doug,

That sounds like a good way to snap an axle - I absolutely abhor those
speed bumps, but they can be smoothed right out if one can get one side
of the car off of them.  The best way, particularly with a 5.125:1
differential is to allow the car to roll backward a bit down a grade and
pop the clutch to catch it.  I've heard of more axles broken that way
than anything else and is why I always use the hand brake to hold the
car if I am stopped on even the slightest incline.

Cheers,
Dave