[Nobbc] Communication

wendell bain wbain at sonic.net
Wed Jan 14 11:17:35 MST 2009

Hi All,
I have been passing out route sheets for eleven years of doing the
Boxing
Day event and it works well especially in those heavy traffic, stop
light areas
where the group will get separated. On the Tenth Anniversary run at
the start there
were approximately 65 to 70 people and over 40 cars. There's no way you
can keep a group like that together. With a route sheet everyone knows
where we are going. It's a good and easy way to handle it.
Of course when I told the winery to expect maybe 30 people and
thought there
might be 65 I knew the winery staff would flip. Of course a few sales
help to
calm them down. Fortunately people had other commitments and many
dropped out on route. I have found trying to get a head count to be
difficult.
Asking for an RSVP is received with all the enthusiasm of having a
triple by-pass.

Happy Motoring,
Wendell