[Shop-talk] GE refridgerators

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 1 17:33:39 MDT 2014

> While I know I can go online and find the part and put it in myself, I'd
> prefer to get a part that isn't supposed to fail in two or less years.

Sounds to me like you need to do some re-engineering.  Guesstimate the airflow required and then buy a higher quality muffin fan or similar that will fit in the space (run on the power, etc).  50,000 hour lifetimes are common, and some are even longer.

Another question to look at: How much of the time is the fan running?  If it is running constantly (because a control failed, for example), that may explain the short lifetime.

Randall