[Shop-talk] Need help with dead 2000 GMC 1500 (5.8 Vortec)

Joe Szwed szwedj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:26:56 MDT 2014

My wife used to have a 98 Tahoe.  The same thing happened in the Shop
Rite parking lot once.  What I found out, after trailering it back
home,  was the that motors in the pump can get a dead/bad spot in
them.  When I had the pump out and on the bench, I could get it to
work sometimes but most of the time not.  I replaced the pump and all
was well.  I did read someplace afterward, that if it happens to you
out on the road, try smacking the bottom of the tank real hard because
you can sometimes jar it enough for the pump to start and you can at
least drive it home.

Joe