[Shop-talk] portable air conditiners

Jim Stone 1789alpine at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 07:05:22 MDT 2018

Just FWIW, many years ago I had a very hot office that the building manager diagnosed as poor air flow.  The air was considerably cooler near the floor and he installed a passive ceiling fan in the ceiling air register.  It turned slowly when air was flowing and that kept the air circulating in the office.  It made a huge difference, although I did get a lot of good-natured crap from colleagues and once from the owner of the company, who told me I was the only one of his 6,000 employees who had a ceiling fan and wondered if I wanted a fireplace installed for the winter.

Jim