[Shop-talk] Hooking up a trickle charger to a truck with two batteries and a thermoswitch

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Mar 3 12:00:17 MST 2019

Depends.  Some dual battery systems have the batteries connected in parallel full time.  In that case, one is all you need.  It doesn't matter which one you connect it to.

But some have a disconnect so you can run accessories until that battery goes flat and the other one is fully charged for cranking.  In that case you will need two.

You can use a commercial HVAC temp contol from Granger's or similar for the block heater.

Dave