[Shop-talk] Bodywork on pots and pans

Karl Vacek stearman809 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:20:24 MST 2019

Has anyone ever tried to work out a dent on a Revere copper-clad pot, in the
copper-clad area?

Has anyone ever tried to shrink out stretch in the bottom of a large Revere
copper-clad skillet?

Two things occur to me, and keep me from trying.

Will pushing out a disable dent in the radiused area between the bottom and
side cause the copper cladding to separate?

Will heating and rapidly cooling to shrink the center of a warped
copper-clad skillet cause separation?

Heating in a little spot to shrink will be a good trick anyway, I'm sure,
because the copper will do its job and spread the heat rapidly.

Ideas?

Thanks !

Karl