[Shotimes] Mazda 6 s, ME WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Kelley mrkelley64@earthlink.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:23:24 -0600 (CST)

One of the articles I read about the 6 stated it had something the Accord and Altima didn't have and that was "soul".  I know several people on this list (including you Don) have stated they've driven faster cars but they just didn't feel as good as their SHO.  I guess that's what "zoom-zoom" is all about.  I'm looking forward to test driving a 6 to see if it has "soul" like my SHO.

Mark

-------Original Message-------
From: Donald Mallinson <dmall@mwonline.net>
Sent: 12/03/02 08:57 AM
To: George Fourchy <krazgeo@jps.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Mazda 6 s, ME WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> You know, the previous comment (echoed by several magazine
writers) is that 220 hp no longer impresses.  I beg to
differ.  The almost universally loved BMW still makes do
with 225 hp on most of their vehicles.  I have driven them,
and they are nice, but my V6 SHO's impress more on the power
side, or at least as much.

240 hp in the Altima isn't as fast as it sounds.  Drove one,
didn't want to trade any of my SHO's for it.

A car is more than HP.  How it makes you feel counts for a
lot more in my book.

I had a 1983? Mazda 626 Five door (hatch) turbo new.  The
car was amazing.  I think it was rated at something like 145
hp, but it would put 200+ hp cars down on a regular basis.
Way underrated, and a lot of fun to drive.  Too bad the
clutch kept chattering.  Traded on a 225 hp Mustang.  Very
fast and fun.

220hp in the SHO?  Still impressive, and VERY few cars today
are its equal, almost 16 years after it went on sale!  Still
today only a tiny handful of motors have the dual intake path.

Take the original V6 SHO motor and put variable valve timing
on it.....hmmmmmmm  Ford are you still in the car business?
  Despite their recent campaign to promote the "new" taurus,
they don't have a decent sport sedan.

I say they go back to Yamaha, make a VVT SHO with the SAME
intake, none of this plastic cover crap.  Put it in a RWD
version of the Taurus and look out.  Gosh, they might get a
good reputation and sell cars.

I guess that is asking too much.  Guess I will just have to
wait for the new GTO from GM of Australia.  Damn, Ford, what
are you doing!

Don Mallinson