[Shotimes] Mazda 6 s, ME WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BJamesjr@aol.com BJamesjr@aol.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:41:17 -0500

> You know, the previous comment (echoed by several magazine
> writers) is that 220 hp no longer impresses.  I beg to
> differ.  The almost universally loved BMW still makes do
> with 225 hp on most of their vehicles.  I have driven them,
> and they are nice, but my V6 SHO's impress more on the power
> side, or at least as much.
>
> 240 hp in the Altima isn't as fast as it sounds.  Drove one,
> didn't want to trade any of my SHO's for it.

With a stick it's pretty fast though.  The Maxima may have a little better feel.  Get the Max, add your own exhaust and suspension mods and create the feel that you want, still for not too much money.

> A car is more than HP.  How it makes you feel counts for a
> lot more in my book.

I like the feel of the Gen3 even though I know it gives up a little speed to the competition.  I sure would like another 50Hp in it though.

> Take the original V6 SHO motor and put variable valve timing
> on it.....hmmmmmmm  Ford are you still in the car business?
>  Despite their recent campaign to promote the "new" taurus,
> they don't have a decent sport sedan.

The problem is that the Ford exec's are where the lack of soul is.  They should just sell the Focus to the kids, the Taurus to the rent-car fleets, and the pickups to all the people who want pickups.  They could drop all their other car lines and not hurt their sales that much.

> I guess that is asking too much.  Guess I will just have to
> wait for the new GTO from GM of Australia.  Damn, Ford,
> what are you doing!

They don't know what they're doing but they don't seem to want to play in our arena any more.  I guess that's fine, we'll take our money and go elsewhere.