[Shotimes] Mazda 6s, other SHO replacements

BJamesjr@aol.com BJamesjr@aol.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:51:17 -0500

The 6s does seem like a good replacement.  The competition has upped the horsepower standards so it would be better with another 40hp though.  If they sell enough of them, the aftermarket will step up with a supercharger like they did for the Miata.

I used to be a GM fan but have been driving SHO's for so long I got down on GM, but I've been thinking "what if" about the GTP.  There are a lot of them around so they are cheap and there is some aftermarket support, plus parts and service are readily available.  Don't have to worry about mechanics running away in fright every time you open the hood.  You put some mods on and they can be pretty fast.  Sometimes I feel that I'm willing to trade off some of the special characteristics of the SHO if I can just buy a car, get in it and drive it.

But don't lose hope yet- there is always the G35 and the upcoming CTS with V8.  Its looks are still working against it, and the V8 model will probably have an inflated price tag.  We'll have to wait and see.