[Shotimes] what about a 540?

BJamesjr@aol.com BJamesjr@aol.com
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:05:40 -0500

> Wonder how cheap a used M-5 goes for?  And can if I can
> wrench on my SHOs, could I wrench on these creatures?

Hey, I've thought about this myself!

In the Dallas area, there are LOTS of BMW's, so there are more in the newspaper classified section than you can imagine.  It's just a matter of going back a few years.  If you can buy a new G35, you could buy a 4 or 5 year old 540i.  I doubt if it is hard to work on, but parts are likely to be expensive.

Like my uncle told a Mercedes owner whose car he was working on- "if you can't afford parts for this car then you need to get rid of it and buy a plain car".  I think it's a snob thing- they like to think that not just anybody can afford to own or maintain one.