[Shotimes] insurance question

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:33:34 -0500

You might be able to fight with the ins. company, but I don't think
you'll have much luck.  If it is totaled, you will receive a check for
the value of the car if it was undamaged and you will still have to pay
off the 5,000 that you owe, so you might still owe money unless the
company gives you 5,000 for the car.  Also, at least in some states, you
can buy the car back from the ins. company and it will have a salvage
title.  You get the value of the car minus what they sell it back to you
for.  You'll still owe 5,000, but you'll still have your car and you can
fix it with the money the ins. company gave you.  I will most likely be
doing this with my car that was hit on Tuesday.  If you have receipts of
any parts or large repairs you've recently had done, like within the
past 6 months, that might help your cause and raise the value of the
car.  Good luck

Bill
Wrecked 93, most likely totaled, but will be resurrected

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of V6SHOGirl@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 10:00 PM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] insurance question

i got into an accident a couple days ago and the estimate i recieved
from my
insurance company was that my cars repairs exceeded the value of the
car. The
damages were to the headlights, the hood, and the  Condenser (i thought
it
was the radiator cause i'm stupid), and maybe more.  I've had different
people tell me different things. i know there was one person on this
list who
helped me with an insurance questiong a long long time ago.  I just want
know what's going to happen now?  My brother thinks that the insurance
company is  going to send me a check for the value of the car.  My
mothers
boyfriend says that the insurance company isnt going to do anything. I
still
have $5000+ left on my loan, what's going to happen with that? Can i get
second opinion  from a body shop and try and fight it out with the
insurance
company? Sorry for the 20 million questions but i have NO idea waht's
going
on right now. Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions :)

Nancy
1994 Red ATX named Satan