[Shotimes] Decarbon procedure

Steve Weinrich stevwein@swbell.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:01:57 -0600

> Is the purge valve port directly on the intake manifold (kind of like a
long
> skinny nipple)?.

Use the one that has the hose to the canister purge solenoid.  It is just to
the left of the throttle body.

 > I plan on executing this procedure and want to make sure I
> inject the stuff in the right place.  I plan on using Berryman B12 since
it
> appears to be the product most widely used on the list.  Any tips?

You will have to work hard to keep the engine running while the B-12 is
running through.  Just keep at it.

 > Should
> spark plugs be replaced after the procedure has been fully executed?

Not very likely.

>Could
> carbon build up be the cause of raw gasoline smell in engine compartment
> when idling?

Probably not.  More likely is a small leak.

> Can carbon build up cause the engine to knock?

Yes, especially if the deposits are on the inside of the cylinder head
(combustion chamber).

Steve