[Shotimes] Still having problems, PLEASE Help!

Mark D. Mallory mmallory78@earthlink.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:59:37 -0500

Not to be antagonistic... but how do you know that it's not the cam or crank
sensor?  Things can go bad, even if they are new.  Seems to me it'd be worth
$30 to try a new cam sensor.  If that's not the problem just hang onto the
sensor for when it does go bad.  The crank sensor, even if new, can be a bad
unit, get wet from leaking water pump and shorted, and the wiring harness
may be damaged if it wasn't routed properly.  The harness runs right up lots
of moving parts, if it wasn't routed properly or the grommet that holds it
to the timing belt cover was missing it's possible that the wires can be
rubbing against something they shouldn't be.

As for other ideas... how is the timing?  Could the timing belt have jumped
a tooth for some reason?  Double check the terminals and battery cables and
cables running to the PCM.  Make sure their not bad.  Seems to me a bad
cable could cause intermittent problems.

Mark Mallory
Toledo, Ohio
'95 SHO MTX