(OT) Re: [Shotimes] Almost death by SUV

Noah South III raggtopp@comcast.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:45:01 -0500

Every few months this tends to come up, as I'm sure you all know.  And
there's really only one impartial, realistic, and for lack of a better word,
REAL explanation for all of it.  Ron hit it right on the head.  Life isn't
fair.  This is reality, there's no script and most people are unpaid extras.
You can't kill all the idiots, because eventually you'll be the idiot since
intelligence is a relative term.  Sure, it's not like I haven't made a list
of people I'd like to put a .22 right behind the ear, but in reality that
isn't going to solve anything.  There are stupid people out there of all
kinds.  The ignorant type would be the biggest group, but that's only
because ignorance is a nice catch all.  You can't do anything about them as
a whole, you can't change the way they think, you can't kill them off, you
can't even deport them to a small island in the south pacific scheduled for
chemical weapon testing.

So look at it this way, only involve yourself with the ones that affect you
and interfere with you directly.  If someone crashes into your car because
they did something stupid and hurts you or your family, be sure you drag
them out of their vehicle and do whatever to make sure they can't do that
again.  If you're afraid of ramifications, find them a few months down the
line and take care of them without leaving any evidence.  It's not about
teaching a lesson, or making someone learn, because that only happens in
movies, not in real life.  If everyone would do this, it would ease the
problem of the mass of stupid people even more.  And hey, if you mess up and
do something stupid, just remember you brought it on yourself.  If there's
anything worse than ignorance and stupidity, it's not taking responsibility
for your own actions.

-Noah South III