[Shotimes] Removing wheel-less car body from driveway

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:12:12 -0800

>   Any tilt/rollback flatbed will be able to slide the end of the bed
> under and winch the car right up,  wheels or not...not a problem.    Be
> sure to tell them beforehand though,  as someone with a shiny new
> aluminum bed may not be thrilled with the idea.

Through my college years, I've seen many wheel-less shells of cars hauled
off after I or one of my friends was done with them.  There was a junkyard
in the town where our college was that would bring a flatbed out and drag
the car right up onto the truck.  They did eventually start charging $35 to
do this, but still not too bad to get rid of it if you ask me.  Call around
to some junkyards and metal recyclers and see what they can do for you.

Of course, you could always do what I and some friends did with two Omnis
that were TOTAL shells (no windows, interior, carpet, dash, etc.).  Borrow a
big flatbed truck & trailer and get five people to lift the whole car up
onto them.  We took them to the local metal recycler and even got a whole
$15 for the both of them!  It was definitely a sight to see, and even
stripped shells of cars are decievingly heavy - it took the five of us all
we could muster to lift them onto the truck! : )

Good luck!

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (I SHO U)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast)