[Shotimes] Damaged Alloy Rims (can they be fixed?)

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:50:07 -0400

Sure, Jeremy.   "Someone else".   Would that someone's name happen to
begin with "J" and end with "eremy"?

Thought so ;^)

J/K.  Good luck finding a replacement.  I'll keep my eyes out for one.

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 162k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio
www.picturetrail.com/stevetatro

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Jeremy Grimm
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 3:13 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Damaged Alloy Rims (can they be fixed?)

Hey guys, a quick question about rims

I have a set of 17 TSW EVO alloy rims on my 89 SHO. I recently let
someone
else drive my carDumbest thing I could have ever doneBut regardless.
They
were making a U-turn and managed to get the front right rim up against
the
curb. No bending, no cracking, but the thing looks like crap now. The
outside edge of the rim is all chewed up. Now the EVO rim has since been

discontinued by TSW, so chances of me getting a replacement from them
are
slim to none. So bearing that in mind, is there anyway to repair the
damage?
Or am I SOL and need to just deal with it, or get 4 new rims of some
sort?
(guess I could always go to those fancy slicers)

Thanks folks.

-Jeremy Grimm
89 Lt. Titanium SHO
65k Org miles
77mm MAF, Hyperformance Stage 1 cams,
High Flow Heads,
Hypertech underdrive pulleys,
155ltr/hr fuel pump, LPM,
Eibach springs, Tokico struts,
Hi-Flow Y-pipe, Dynomax Catback exhaust,
17" TSW EVO wheels, Bridgestone Potenza 225/45 ZR17s.