[Shotimes] RE: Damaged Alloy Rims (c

Michael S Wojton Mike.Wojton@owens-ill.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:59:00 -0400

I can't comment on repairing it, but I would suggest checking with any
or all of the big wheel warehouses.  They may have some still sitting in
inventory.  A friend had that problem with some OZs. He had 2 that were
bent, and found out they didn't make them anymore. After calling a bunch
of the wheel houses that advertise in magazines he eventually found them.

Mike Wojton
'95 MTX
Toledo, Ohio
shomike@tri-statesho-svt.org

K&N sans silencer cone
SHO Shop Y-pipe

"Avoid the clap." - Jimmy Dugan

------------------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )---------------------
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:13:00 -0400
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
From: Jeremy.Grimm[forge_monkey]@hotmail.com
Sender: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Damaged Alloy Rims (can they be fixed?)

Hey guys, a quick question about rims

I have a set of 17 TSW EVO alloy rims on my 89 SHO. I recently let someone
else drive my carDumbest thing I could have ever doneBut regardless. They
were making a U-turn and managed to get the front right rim up against the
curb. No bending, no cracking, but the thing looks like crap now. The
outside edge of the rim is all chewed up. Now the EVO rim has since been
discontinued by TSW, so chances of me getting a replacement from them are
slim to none. So bearing that in mind, is there anyway to repair the damage?
Or am I SOL and need to just deal with it, or get 4 new rims of some sort?
(guess I could always go to those fancy slicers)

Thanks folks.

-Jeremy Grimm
89 Lt. Titanium SHO
65k Org miles
77mm MAF, Hyperformance Stage 1 cams,
High Flow Heads,
Hypertech underdrive pulleys,
155ltr/hr fuel pump, LPM,
Eibach springs, Tokico struts,
Hi-Flow Y-pipe, Dynomax Catback exhaust,
17" TSW EVO wheels, Bridgestone Potenza 225/45 ZR17s.