[Shotimes] Intake Rehab........ was: Dead 93 MTX (Again)

Kerry Kinion kerry@kinionfurniture.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:07:48 -0700

Sounds good for the person who wants to completely disassemble their
intake.  While I am obsessive about the cleaning I'm doing, I drew the
line at taking the intake apart.  If this was all I was doing at the
moment - I think the idea is good.  If I am typical of other SHO owners
out there tough, taking the intake completely apart is not on the top of
my list, keeping the damn thing running is!

Please keep up the good ideas though.  I was really surprised at how
dirty my intake was, and have spent a lot of time trying different
things (you guys would laugh if you only knew how much time I have spent
on this thing) to clean this out.  Fuller Brush man knocking at my door
would have been a perfect opportunity for him to sell a bunch of stuff
for me to try!!

Kerry Kinion
Green 93 MTX, Bone Stock. (for now)

-----Original Message-----
From: van Oss [mailto:vanOss@centurytel.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 8:19 PM
To: Kerry Kinion; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Intake Rehab........ was: Dead 93 MTX (Again)

I am working with a local brush factory --- no lie --- to produce a set
of
custom brushes specifically designed for cleaning out the SHO V6 intake.
expect to post details to this list within the next couple of weeks.
(First
one that makes a Fuller Brush Salesman joke at me will pay for it at the
next convention, so don't go there.)

I am thinking in terms of putting together a "SHO intake rehab" kit that
would work like this:

-- Stock ---- Set of cleaning brushes, can(s) of cleaner
-- Stage 1 --- Set of brushes, cleaner, and stainless clamp/bolt kit
-- Stage 2 --- Brushes, cleaner, stainless kit, and gaskets

Something like that.  What do you think?

Joseph