[Shotimes] Intake Rehab........ was: Dead 93 MTX (Again)

Kerry Kinion kerry@kinionfurniture.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:19:39 -0700

Sorry for another stupid question here, but one still unanswered.  What
is the best way to clean my cams, camshafts and surrounding areas?
Again, all oil is out and I plan on doing an oil system flush (start for
a few minutes, then changing oil and filter again.) I have used a little
brake fluid but I really want to know what you others suggest.  Maybe I
don't need to do this, but it just seems like while I have the valve
covers off I might as well clean it up the best I can.  Any suggestions,
experience with this??

Thanks!

Kerry Kinion
Green 93 MTX, Bone Stock. (for now)

-----Original Message-----
From: van Oss [mailto:vanOss@centurytel.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 8:19 PM
To: Kerry Kinion; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Intake Rehab........ was: Dead 93 MTX (Again)

I am working with a local brush factory --- no lie --- to produce a set
of
custom brushes specifically designed for cleaning out the SHO V6 intake.
expect to post details to this list within the next couple of weeks.
(First
one that makes a Fuller Brush Salesman joke at me will pay for it at the
next convention, so don't go there.)

I am thinking in terms of putting together a "SHO intake rehab" kit that
would work like this:

-- Stock ---- Set of cleaning brushes, can(s) of cleaner
-- Stage 1 --- Set of brushes, cleaner, and stainless clamp/bolt kit
-- Stage 2 --- Brushes, cleaner, stainless kit, and gaskets

Something like that.  What do you think?

Joseph