[Shotimes] FOUND: Group of SHO enthusiasts!!!

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:50:34 -0700

What is really funny about my job interview that I had tonight is that I got
the interview through one of my old roommates from college that was trying to
sell a SHO he recently acquired to another guy that has a whole family of SHOs
out in Molalla.  This guy is looking for recent business graduates, so my
roommate told him about my car and that I just graduated.

When I show up to the interview, there were two other SHOs in the parking lot,
and ANOTHER one arrived after I was there!  Apparently the guy that was
interviewing me has been an avid SHO enthusiast for YEARS, and he, his son,
and is son's friend are REALLY into them.  His wife even drove one until real
recently.  Both the guy and his son race regularly down at Woodburn, and his
son owns a black SHO+ and is running nitrous.  I think all of the SHOs that
were there (besides mine) had over 200K on them, too, with NO engine
work!!!!!

What's even more amazing is these guys had only heard of the SHOshop, and had
NEVER heard of our club, SHOtimes, or ANY of the other SHO vendors out there!
The mods they have bought have come directly from the SHOshop and NOS.  I told
them about our club and the national list, and they can't wait to find out
more.  They were all REALLY impressed by my suspension work and couldn't wait
to start buying more parts for their cars.  It absolutely amazes me that
anyone that loves their SHOs that much hasn't heard of SHOtimes or our local
club, and that they still love their cars after dealing solely with SHOshop
for upgrades.    : )

They were amazed when I told them how cheap some stuff was if you didn't go
through SHOshop.

So don't be too surprised if a few other people join the club's mailing list
real soon! : )

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (I SHO U)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast!)
86 Dodge Lancer (All show, no go, DAMN headgasket!)
86 Chrysler Laser XT (THANKS Brian!)
Eugene, OR