[Shotimes] Re: help.....valve chatter and rod knock...

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:12:26 -0800

> I replaced my rods and mains at 70k and gained 3-11psi depending on the
rpm.

You replaced your mains?  That sounds like a major PITA - you had to drop
the engine and trans and remove the crank to get to the upper mains, right?

As far as replacing the mains, I've heard from several reputable sources and
even fellow SHOtimers that the mains will be just fine.  There's a lot of
motors where the rods will wear out relatively quick, yet the mains look new
with over 250K.

I think if I had to start replacing mains on a car every 120K, It'd be out
the door REAL quick! : )

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (I SHO U)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast!)
86 Dodge Lancer (All show, no go, DAMN headgasket!)
Eugene, OR