[Shotimes] RE Slight ticking from b

Michael S Wojton Mike.Wojton@owens-ill.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:41:00 -0500

I, too, questioned this noise.  More than one person told me that it
probably is the chains on the exhaust cams making noise.  Normal
for a chain drive, I believe.

Mike Wojton
'95 MTX
Toledo, Ohio
shomike@tri-statesho-svt.org

K&N sans silencer cone
SHO Shop Y-pipe

"Avoid the clap." - Jimmy Dugan

------------------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )---------------------
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:32:35 -0500
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
From: Erik.Balser[masho95]@attbi.com
Sender: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Slight ticking from below intake

Lately when opening the hood you can hear a slight ticking noise constantly
from just under the intake.  Obviously it's probably something with the cams
turning.  My question is, how normal is a noise like this, could nothing be
wrong?  I've always remembered my SHO's having this sound so maybe it's not
bad? Is this just the engine noise or is there a problem indicated?

'95 MTX
masho95
http://home.attbi.com/~masho95