[Shotimes] offset

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:10:02 -0600

I Used to have a chart from a tire company on my garage door
that told how to measure offset.  You can do it with the
tire on the rim by placing the tire, face down on a flat
surface.  Lay a straight edge (yardstick) across the face of
the tire and measure from the top edge of the sidewall to
the floor.  Then measure from the bottom edge of the
straight edge to the mounting face on the back of the rim hub.

YOU take half of the first measurement and subtract from the
second measurement and that should be your offset.

I think that is how you do it.

Don Mallinson