[Shotimes] Headlight bulbs

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@cajunnet.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 11:07:35 -0600

Mike:
 You will eventually burn up the headlight switch or the wiring or both. I
ran the high output bulbs before adding the harness. Everything worked OK.
When I got the headlight switch recall done at Ford it was burned badly and
returned to me by the dealer. It does not seem to happen right away. Also
depends on how many hours of continuous use they get. Feel the shroud around
the steering column after a several hour drive with the headlights on. If
it's warm to hot, then you are overloading the wiring. The headlamp sockets
themselves are stout enough. I have run 100 watt bulbs for 3 years without
any additional troubles.
.
.