[Shotimes] Supercharging

Michael Humbert humbem@rpi.edu
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:16:41 -0500

I have recently been considering adding a supercharger to my SHO.  I am
graduating from college in about 3 months, and had the personal debate
of keep the SHO vs. get a new car.  If the RX-8 comes out at around $30K
up to about $35K, Im probably going to pick it up when it comes out.
If its more than this, which Im thinking is going to be a highly
likely occurrence, Im planning on sprucing up the SHO.  My motor has
a ton of life left as its been well-maintained throughout its life, so
Im not worried about a rebuild.  What I am worried about is the
compression from forced induction damaging the internals of my motor.
Im already certain that Ill need new pistons for the endeavor, and
some higher throughput fuel injectors (already have a high output fuel
pump), but I was curious as to other suggestions on what I need to
replace and/or beef up.  Should I get higher flow heads?  Any input is
appreciated as I have little experience in messing with the internals of
a motor.

Mike Humbert
90 titanium w/ 159K