[Shotimes] (OT) Mazda 6 and '04 Maxima

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:41:11 -0500

Another thing on the RX8,  I couldn't fit into the back seat!! Literally
could not get my feet in there. I have more room in the back seat of the 911
than in the RX8. It's good for two adults, and maybe a small dog in the
back.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Steve Tatro
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 1:36 AM
To: SHOtimes (Team.net)
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] (OT) Mazda 6 and '04 Maxima

I'm not terribly impressed by the looks of any of these.  I thought the
previous gen of Maxima was better looking...there was no reason to go and
"Altimize" it.

The Mazda 6 seems ho-hum to me.  Nothing wrong with it, just nothing that
right.  Can't justify spending that kind of money on a car that's smaller
and slower than our old SHOs.

The RX8 is another one of those torque-less engines.  As cool as the rotary
is, it really needs TTs.  If I really wanted a small low-torque sports car
I'd still choose an S2000.

I'm most impressed with the 350Z and the G35 (coupe or sedan) and were I in
the new car market today that's where my money would go.

Later,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 165k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio