[Shotimes] Water Pump, etc. on auto '94

BJamesjr@aol.com BJamesjr@aol.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:26:17 -0500

> This might be a stupid question, it seems like it
> to me, but I will ask it anyway.  Is the refurbished
> water pump just supposed to be the front of the
> pump with the pulley attachment and the impeller or
> the whole thing?

It depends on where you buy it.  I have replaced my water pump twice- the first time the part that I got included both front and back of the housing, and the o-ring.  I can't remember but this may have been a new pump and not rebuilt.  The scond time the part that I got was only the front of the housing.  I had already removed my entire water pump and thus disturbed the o-ring.  I could not find a replacement o-ring anywhere so I made a new gasket out of bulk gasket material and put it on in addition to the old o-ring.  It has not given me any problems in 3 years.

If you can get the new o-ring it is probably better to remove your entire pump and put it back with the new o-ring.  Otherwise I would advise anyone to get the new pump first, and if they get only the front half then replace it without disturbing the rear half and the o-ring.