[Shotimes] Car will not start after valve lash adjustment (long)

Ken Johnson kenjo@attbi.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 18:14:18 -0400

I did use carb cleaner on the heads.  But that was two weeks ago wouldn't
most of the liquid hace evaporated by now ?  The thing I am most concerned
about is that the car started and now it will not.  When it was running it
something happened......something got screwed up in the valve train and and
the timing belt snaped.  The way the engine is spinning the whole dance is
not working.

- ground strap is attached on left rear intake support bolt the sequence is
like this, nut ground strap electrical harness bracket then the nut that is
part of the stud then it goes into the intake.

- DIS is connected.

- where is the TPS connector, I seem to remember it is a single connection
from when I replaced it on my '91.  That could  foul things up but the
engine would not spin like this even if the computer did not know where the
crank was.

Tell me more about the carb cleaner in the cylinder head...liquid is
incompressible fluid and then turn the car and what breaks ?

I have to pull the cover off the timing belt housing and see if she is
turning.  That is pretty easy to get to.

Ken