[Shotimes] windvisor problem

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Wed, 7 May 2003 10:03:51 -0400

That doesn't seem right.  FWIW, I had one of those (clip style) on my
90.  It broke.  I then put on one that came with double-sided 3M tape,
and it was fine.

I wonder if you drilled a little tiny drainhole in the front of the wind
deflector if it would whistle at speed?  Obviously the hole would have
to be large enough to overcome the surface tension to let water drain
through.

Good luck.

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 167k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of van Oss
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 9:48 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] windvisor problem

I recently installed a wind deflector on the moonroof of my 91.  This
one is the type that mounts with thin metal clips.

Does anyone else have one of these?  If so, did you have any problems
with leaking?  Ever since this visor went on, I can't leave this car out
in the rain.  The leak is at the right front corner, where one of the
mounting clips is.

The seal around the roof is only a year old or so.  I cleaned out both
front drain tubes not too long ago.

One thing I'm going to try is parking with the car pointed uphill.  I am
wondering if the deflector is trapping rainwater when the car is pointed
downhill.

I really like the way the deflector makes the car quieter when the roof
is open, but I can't have this car leaking like this.

Any ideas welcome.

Joseph van Oss