[Shotimes] RE: Tranny noise

Kerry Kinion kerry@kinionfurniture.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 21:50:59 -0700

Thanks Marc,

I drove the SHO to Portland today.  80 mile round trip.  The thing is
running better than ever and I'm not even going to worry about the
tranny noise for now, unless it gets worse.  The more I listen to it the
more I think it's a normal SHO noise.  I love getting the thing out on
the freeway every once in awhile - popped it up to about 95 today on a
nice little stretch - smooth as could be!!  (might be inquiring about
radar/laser detectors next):-)

After doing the 60k+, water pump, radiator, CPS, new battery cables,
plugs, wires and now, new rod bearings and tires.  I am just beaming
(for now, until something else breaks)!  I am proud of my car and proud
of myself for doing all this stuff.

When I first bought the car the radiator was leaking, water pump was
leaking.  I would pull into the driveway with smoke billowing!!  I also
had an oil leak that I thought was the rear main bearing - but after
looking thru my records, this was just replaced about 4k miles ago when
they did the clutch job.

After I replaced my rod bearings there is not a drop of anything leaking
from anywhere!!  This tells me I just had a leak from my oil pan - no
longer.

Thanks again to all you "SHO heads" out there for helping with all these
problems I've had.  If I had to take it to a dealer for repairs, there's
no way I could have afforded to keep it on the road, AND I wouldn't have
learned all the stuff I've learned so far.  Maybe a Mod or something fun
next!!

Kerry ('93 MTX, fresh 60k+, new rod bearings, bone stock)