An exotic was Re: [Shotimes] High Mileage Vs. "Remanufactured" Car Values.....was: 94 Moonlight Blue MTX FS

John Weidenbenner johnjweid@earthlink.net
Sat, 10 May 2003 16:57:10 -0500

Joseph,

I see the SHO v6 differently and actually are the easiest to work on, least
sophisticated, and oldest cars in my fleet. I was thinking exotic as in
technically unique or sophisticated. Did you mean low volume (~95,000 v6
SHOs) production for the SHO specific parts?

Yes, parts are drying up, but the v6 has been out of production since '95.
The only hard to find parts that worry me are the oil pumps which in my
opinion should be replaced with a rod bearing change.

Of the 49,000 or so mtx SHOs built about 16,000 are Gen II, so there should
be plenty of junk yard rod shifters, etc. to satisfy demand.

Qualified mechanics - for what? Valve shim adjustment? Nothing else is
really out of the ordinary for repairs or tune-up. There are plenty of
repair shops and Ford dealers in my St. Louis phone book that routinely
maintain SHOs.

I still like our SHOs for what they are. We'll see you at the convention and
Betty says Hi. :-)

John W.