[Shotimes] Trick to removing rear ABS sensor?

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 11 May 2003 07:02:52 -0400

I had the same problem.  Ended up destroying the sensor during removal.
Before installing the new one, I reamed the hole .005" larger.

Robert Bruce
93 atx

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of George Fourchy
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2003 6:07 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Trick to removing rear ABS sensor?

On Sat, 10 May 2003 23:04:27 -0500, Ron DeReus wrote:

>Well, I have the single 10mm bolt out that
>appears to have been securing it, but its still very solidly in the backing
>plate.  TIA.

If you can get hold of the plastic housing without endangering anything
else, try to
twist it a little at a time to loosen it where it goes through the backing
plate.  I
haven't looked closely at the rear ABS sensors, but if they're like the
fronts, and
the fastener is out, you should be able to work it loose a little at a time.

George