[Shotimes] back on the road, and a couple ?'s

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 08:17:28 -0500

I did not, but I assume they're fairly fresh. The tranny had only 6k on
it since the quaife install when I bought it. Tim said when it was
cracked open during that install, the stock diff had bolts rather than
rivets, so some major work had gone on in there before he aquired it.

The thing shifts like butter when I'm rolling. I can even get it in 1st
easy if I shift while rolling to a stop. It's just sitting still that
makes it cranky. Double clutching or hitting another gear helps, but not
much.

Justin
'92 SHO in KC MO, 190k and counting
SHOTimes list info: http://www.shotimes.com/SHO1.html

>>> "Bill Murray" <fordsho@cloud9grafx.com> 05/13/03 04:32PM >>>
Justin, did you replace the blocking rings on the synchros?  These are
where the fiber/brass issue is, not in the synchro itself.  I replaced
my trans with one from a gen 1 when my Quaife was installed in my '93.
On recommendations from the list and Mark N., regular ATF was used.
Ian
Fisher ran Mobile 1 ATF and he complained about notchy shifting.  I'm
not sure what he's running now is his Quaifed Gen 1 trans.  I don't
have
any problems with 1st or notchy shifting, but I also replaced the
blocking rings and they are the fiber style.

Bill Murray