MPG (was Re: [Shotimes] Fuel Pressure Regulator.)

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 10:20:48 -0400

Well, the good news for me is that the LPM is not a requirement in my SHO,
but it would be highly desirable to be able to reap it's benefits.  As
things stand now, I don't believe that I have an optimized program.
I'm also not interested in blindly attempting the programming changes.  You
are right about Ted being excellent wrt to honoring the lifetime
reprogramming, and my chip has passed back and forth 2x already in the span
of a few months with little to show for it.  However I do have a standing
offer to relax the part throttle settings to see if that will cure my
problem.  I may take him up on that.  Has anyone with an X2J had this type
of change done?

At the end of the day, what will matter are the results.  This comes either
through seat-of-the-pants feel, or by taking actual measurements on a dyno.
I've never done the latter but I am planning to do this very soon.

BTW, a word to the wise.  If you have an LPM and are running a stock FORD
clutch, DO NOT mess with the rev limiter or you are gambling with an
expensive repair.

Carl P.
92 Red