[Shotimes] ATX Going Bad?

Jonathon Beisler JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:54:36 -0400

To all those with slush box experience, I have some questions.  I've never had a car with an automatic tranny go bad, so I am not sure what I am dealing with.  What usually happens is this:  Sometimes under moderate and pretty much always under heavy acceleration, the transmission seems to stutter between 1 and 2 gears.  The engine will race and then the car will kick into gear and I'll get virtual whiplash as it lunches forward.  Is this slipping?  The fluid is new and full but that's all I know about auto trannies.  Rebuild time?  Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, JB