[Shotimes] More details about oil pressure...

kevin galuska white91sho@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 22:21:09 +0000

Well after making my last post I found that the proper psi is a min of
12.8psi. My psi at hot idle is around 7psi, but I do not have knocking or
the oil light blinking. At about 2500rmp my oil pressure is 25psi. From what
I hear the rpm should be divided by 100 and that should be the oil pressure
above idle. So my question would be that I have proper oil pressure above
idle but not at idle should I replace my rod bearings now?

Kevin Galuska
ksg132@psu.edu

'91 SHO white/black
14.7 @ 95.32 .575RT