SPAM: Re: [Shotimes] bad headgasket

ianf@eden.rutgers.edu ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Sun, 18 May 2003 14:29:06 -0400 (EDT)

I am convinced that the same team that built your 95 also built Ron
Porter's 95. :)

I think my 93 atx parts car had a HG failure. (I "think" that I ran an
OASIS on it and found that out) When I took the motor apart, some of
the head bolts were barely finger tight. Now that I think about it,
those heads are def going in the trash once I practice some gasket
matching on the intake ports and strip them of their brackets, buckets,
springs, etc.

Ian

> I had a head gasket leak that was causing coolant to come into one
cylinder head and create a hard start condition. Took it to the dealer
(thank GOD it was under warranty at the time), they removed the head,
had it pressure tested and checked the block for warps, found nothing
wrong with any metal, replaced the gasket and I was fine after. The car
had a failed t/stat 4 years ago but the temp never went up to dangerous
levels because I shut it down fast.