[Shotimes] 1989-1990 clutches of olden days

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 20:43:18 -0400

Yes, I misspoke (mistyped?). It's the pp that's now cast, not the flywheel.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mark Nunnally
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 8:18 PM
To: shotimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 1989-1990 clutches of olden days

> FWIW, in addition to the bigger 9.75" clutch, the flywheel became a
casting,
> rather than a stamping, and it is 37% heavier than the old flywheel (I
knew
> it was heavier, but I didn't know about the stamping vs. casting).

    You mean the pressure plate?

The flywheels are pretty much the same.  Just machined different for the
pressure plate bolts/dowels.

What was ever Ford thinking putting that thing in there?  What a little
piece of junk.  Looked like it was out of a honda civic or something.  Been
a few yrs since I've seen any, last one was on a 89 i did a clutch for.

IIRC, I believe you can still buy a 89-90 9.25" from Centerforce.

mark