[Shotimes] Stalling SHO ( okay, the subwoofer is not working )

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 31 May 2003 11:27:35 -0400

          It sounds to be electrical, and I believe it is the CPS (crank
sensor). Did you happen to notice if the tach dropped to zero as the car cut
out?

The other thing is that you said "no power in 1st gear" which sounds like
the car was running, but poorly, and you mentioned the gas smell. Weak fuel
pump, clogged fuel filter/fuel line come to mind.

I'll send this out to SHOtimes, and see the other ideas that folks have.

From: Imari Porter [mailto:imarip@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 11:13 PM
To: Ron Porter
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] okay, the subwoofer is not working (caution....bad
langauge....delete if easily offended)

without you guys bustin each other balls, i need to know with this sho i
just purchased. it's a 93 mtx with 126000 mi. it ran fine at first, than
after i cut it off for 5 min. and went back out to drive it, i couldn't get
no power in first gear and it shut off. after that i would start but cut off
again. it's not a problem starting, but it cuts off again. after sitting
maybe 30 to 40 min. it'll start up and run fine again until...   you know
same ol story. well since i picked it up from the dealership, when i got it
runnin again i drove straight back to dealership and told them to deal with
it. i really want this car, but at the same time i didn't spend my hard
earned 3,000 dollars for a "show" vehicle. i want a strong car as well
somewhat dependable to get from point a to b until i do the mods. they said
they will fix the problem, but can anyone tell me what the probable cause is
so when i go pick it up monday, they wont give me a line on what they did to
it or what the problem was and say it's fixed and it's really not, instead
something to hold it over for 3 days which is the their return policy. i
really wanna give it one more chance so i would appreciate any input about
the problem. also there was a funny fuel smell when i was having the trouble
with it.does anybody know anyone in las vegas that has superior knowledge or
at least close on these vehicle.  thank you