[Shotimes] abs wheel sensor

Donelson Don 1badsho@mail.tnh.net
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:44:00 -0400

Try to make this brief and to the point.

My abs light came on .. and codes were rear left sensor. I ordered that part from  parts.

Part came in (un beknownst to me the sensor was for the right side that parts gave me).

So not knowing this at the time of install .. i installed the new sensor .

Heres the twist ... I had done the same procedure on a 92 SHO .. same left sensor etc on a cust. car. He advised me that the two connectors from inside the car thats hooked to the main harness , one lead is a male and the other is female. I assumed ford did this as to not mix up sensor leads.

Well my car .. the main wiring harnes .. the two abs connectors inside the car are both female leads. The abs sensor i got from parts ( right side ) would connect for it had the same female connector .. it wouldnt even connect to the connector since both are female.

Any one out there have any thoughts on this or suggestions  ?

dond