[Shotimes] Re: Park vs. Forward (was Autolock and MTX)

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:34:39 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

You made me remember things from a long time ago.  I don't remember who I
asked, probably my father, why he never used the lower gears, I was told
that they were only to slow the car down going down hill.  I never really
gave that much thought until I owned my own car.  I know that my family
never owned a car with a Turboglide transmission, but now it certainly seems
that a myth grew up around that issue that somehow got extrapolated to all
automatic transmissions of the 60s to the point that I'm sure none of my
family's older cars ever saw those gears get used.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo