[Shotimes] OT - Preload on a LSD

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:12:52 -0500

Mike.... What are you talking about? You better go look at the rest of the
world and see that these units installed properly work just fine. There are
maybe 5-6 that have died in a SHO, why? Where did they all come from? Who
installed them?

This is the huge problem with this group, you all see what others go through
but never ask why? Did you all know that there are two other places that
install them?  One is highly recommended for the ATX trans, the other is a
much lesser known place but as far as I know they have not had the problem.

Also Sawun never had the rights to sell them, he was getting them out the
back door of a place that was selling them, which means they all could have
been defective to begin with for all anyone knows of, Plus his skill was
never up to par to change plugs never mind install this unit..

FYI IIRC there is a Super Charged ATX in TX that has this unit and no
problems... last time I knew and heard from him anyways.

The quailfe is the best way to go but there are other options that can work
correctly, there is also in a book at my trans shop, there is a band that
you can install around the pins to keep them from ejecting, and having a bit
of service done on the trans as scheduled maintience can also prevent this
from happening in some cases.  Because the roll pins get loose fall out and
let the dif pin loose to do what it wants..

If you want to point fingers at anything else but the qualife that's wrong!
Point the finger at Parsley and his install methods of something he has no
grasp of..   That's the problem with the Phantom grip in the SHO.

If the Phantom grip was the issue you would see that they are going out of
business, and not making newer ones for every car on the planet and having a
pretty good success rate.

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White