[Shotimes] LSD Conversion KIT for the SHO? Any comments?

Mike Kopstain SHOtimes@midwestsho.com
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:36:45 -0600

> Has anyone heard of similar failures with other FWD cars
> like the GP or Neon or the Nissan FWD cars without posi?

Don,

GTP's like to do the same thing, typically not until you're pushing 350+
ft/lbs of torque though, and even at that, it typically happens when you are
drag racing, due to the car having 80% of it's torque at 1000rpm. :-)  The
nice thing however is that the differential usually only grenades itself and
just scars the inside of the house and it is replaceable in about 1.5 hours.
The real problem is the input shafts, don't get me started on the input
shafts. :-)

I've seen you comment a couple times on the differential in the ATX's.  The
ATX differentials seem a lot stronger (That's about all the ATX has up on
the MTX) and I've never heard of a pin failure in an ATX, not to say there
hasn't been one.  The only failures I've seen are the carrier bearings.
They seem to be dead in my 95' right now.  Do you document these cases?  I'd
be curious to see how many ATX differentials are spilling their guts.

Neno... You are a very articulate, inteligent person for your age... I never
would have thought that after that post once upon a time. :-)

~ Mike

Midwest SHO - For Everything SHO
www.midwestsho.com
Sales@Midwestsho.com

Advance Motorsports - For everything else
www.advancemotor.com
Support@advancemotor.com